THE COLUMBIA CITY JAZZ DANCE COMPANY'S FORMER STUDENTS
We are very proud of our successful former dancers! In fact, we're trying to locate everybody to see what they're doing these days. If you're a former member and would like to be listed below, we'd be proud to include you! Get in touch!
- Mathias Dingman was born in Columbia, USA, and trained at the Kirov Academy of Ballet, Washington DC. He joined BRB in 2006.
- Universal Ballet Academy, Washington, D.C./USA
- First US male to medal in the Helsinki International Ballet Competition.
- Gold medal, Vienna, 2004
- Gold medal, Korea, 2005
- Gold medal, Youth American Grand Prix, 2006
- Gold medal, Varna, 2006.
Brittany Grimsley right behind Brooke Hogan
- Hard Drive Productions in Orlando, Florida
- Celebrity Cruise Lines
- Disney "Beauty and the Beast"
- Currently touring with Brooke Hogan
- Scholarship Cal Arts
- New York Fringe Festival
- Frit & Frat on the Rat Race, "Gypsy Tales" for Kids, and More Stories from the Fringe
- KIN Dance Company's collection of short, interrelated pieces The Daily Grind.
- BO BROADWELL (Ensemble) has appeared in the National tours of CATS and Crazy for You. Other credits include Clifford Live, Royal Caribbean, Paramount Parks, and Dollywood.
- Tour THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
- In addition to being the first assistant to Dale in our company, she was awarded a Rhodes Scholarship in 1999 and was recognized as 1999 National Leader of the Year for Omicron Delta Kappa, 1999 Outstanding Woman of the Year at the University of South Carolina, and a 1998 Goldwater Scholar. Her chemical engineering research earned her an undergraduate grant from the National Science Foundation and under these auspices she helped develop materials that may have application in healing severe bone fractures. She is now continuing her education at Oxford in chemical research with a biomedical focus, possibly applied to pharmaceutical production and/or tissue engineering. An avid coffee drinker, Caroline hopes the sacred bean will "facilitate my acclimation to English weather" after growing up in the sweltering southern heat.
- Hard Drive Productions
- Dance Captain Celebrity Cruiselines
Erin Jaffe Bolshakov
- Director Vista Ballroom
Carol Anne Cooley
- Dance Scholarship Columbia College
- At 16, David became a full scholarship student at the School of San Francisco Ballet. The following year, David joined the professional division of the Pacific Northwest Ballet School. He performed with the company is productions such as Prodigal Son, Romeo and Juliet, Midsummer Night's Dream and The Nutcracker.
- Currently performing with the Nevada Ballet Theatre.
- Graduated with honors as a Dance Major from Winthrop College
- Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines
- Las Vegas MGM Grande
- Beauty and the Beast
- "Bluebird" Lion King
- Tarzan Rocks
- Beauty and the Beast
- Tokyo Disney
Great dancers are not great because of their technique; they are great because of their passion. - Martha Graham
- Cast Tommy (Europese tour)